As a cosmetic dentistry practice, our real value to patients is being able to give them the smile of their dreams, provide incredible service, and ultimately boost their self-esteem.
That’s the end goal. Cosmetic dentistry is the “tool” we use to improve our patients’ lives.
Speaking of goals…
One of the most common things we hear from patients when they visit us for a consultation is, “How can I improve the appearance of my front teeth when I smile?”
That is the goal that many patients are looking to accomplish.
This is obviously a broad question because every patient may have a different issue they are wanting to improve upon. Some patients simply want to whiten their teeth, while others may be interested in straightening their teeth, fixing gaps, etc.
In this blog post, we’re going to cover four common treatment options that we use at Blevins Dentistry to help patients improve the appearance of their front teeth and give them a smile they are looking for.
Dental bonding is a relatively simple procedure that is used to fix minor cracks or chips in teeth. Here are a few benefits of dental bonding:
- It is an outpatient procedure that typically does not require any sedation.
- Bonding is a minimally-invasive procedure that can be done in our office and completed in just a few minutes.
- For some patients with only minor issues (such as a cracked front tooth due to minor trauma) bonding may be a perfect, simple, and affordable solution.
While bonding can be a great solution to improve the appearance of your front teeth, it’s important to note that it is best suited for situations where a minimal amount of work needs to be done.
If you have significant issues that need to be addressed, bonding alone probably isn’t the best option for you.
Professional, in-office teeth whitening is a very common procedure at Blevins Dentistry. While there are many OTC whitening solutions, there is nothing that works as well as professional whitening.
At Blevins Dentistry, we use Boost Whitening as our professional whitening solution. Here are just a few benefits of Boost Whitening:
- Boost is chemically activated, meaning you will not be exposed to hot, annoying lights during your whitening procedure.
- Dr. Blevins will apply the exact amount of whitening required to achieve the look you want; no more and no less.
- You can expect that our in-office Boost whitening system will make your teeth several shades whiter in less than an hour.
In-office whitening from Blevins Dentistry is best suited for patients who have mild to moderate “yellow or brown teeth” due to smoking, drinking dark beverages, and things of that nature.
If you like the general look and shape of your teeth, but they’re just a little too dingy, then professional whitening may be the perfect option for you.
Crowns are typically used to replace front teeth that have been lost or taken out due to decay or damage. In fact, dental crowns are often used in conjunction with a dental implant restoration.
In addition to single crowns, a bridge (which is just a series of crowns) may also be used as part of a dental implant restoration.
Here are a few benefits of dental crowns:
- Dental crowns are “custom fit” to your mouth. We do this by taking a digital impression of your teeth and using CEREC to fabricate your crowns in our office on the same day.
- A dental crown (or multiple crowns) with look like your natural teeth. At Blevins Dentistry, we use porcelain crowns, as metal crowns tend to “fade” over time and give your entire tooth a dull, metallic, gray appearance.
- If you receive crowns on your front teeth, you’ll not only look better, but also have more functionality.
The best part? With CEREC technology available at Blevins Dentistry, we can now make and place your dental crowns in a single visit!
If you are truly looking for your dream smile and want your front teeth to look absolutely flawless, then porcelain veneers are exactly what you’re looking for.
Just like with dental crowns, we are able to fabricate porcelain veneers in our office (using CEREC technology), which means you can truly have your dream smile in a single dental visit.
Pretty incredible, right?
Here are a few reasons why porcelain veneers are the “bees knees” when it comes to improving the appearance of your front teeth:
- Porcelain veneers are customizable. When you meet with Dr. Blevins, he will work with you to determine the perfect size, shape, and color to give you a smile that looks perfect, and yet still retains a natural look.
- Porcelain veneers typically will last 10 or more years with proper care and maintenance. Dr. Blevins will teach you everything you need to know regarding proper care for your new veneers.
- Veneers can fix teeth that are severely misshapen or teeth that are cracked, chipped, stained, broken, etc…they are a truly comprehensive solution to anyone who is looking to achieve beautiful front teeth!
- Veneers are the cream of the crop when it comes to cosmetic dentistry and restoring your smile; it’s a great option for just about anyone.
If you would like to learn more about porcelain veneers, visit the link below:
Also, if you would like to learn more about CEREC technology and how we are able to craft crowns and veneers in our office using this technology, read the article below:
So, what’s the next step to improving the appearance of your front teeth?
If you are within driving distance of Mullins, SC (many patients come see us from 50+ miles away), then we encourage you to give our office a call and schedule your cosmetic dentistry consultation.
You’ll be able to meet Dr. Blevins and get a feel for what option may be best suited to improve the appearance of your front teeth. We look forward to meeting you soon!